After taking a full medical history, clients are helped to decide which approach to health is best suited to their temperament and lifestyle. They are encouraged to consider all possible causes for their illness that, if present, could prevent recovery. With long term and chronic conditions, clients are enouraged to pace themselves and optimise their quality of life. Help sourcing palliative or restbite care is given, where appropriate.
A consultation may include one of Catherine’s own treatments, but could equally result in referral to a private doctor, specialist charity, counsellor or therapist.
It may be that a client is worried about a drug regime or risk associated eith necessary surgery. Clients are assisted to better understand their situation and prognosis (using dedicated charity, NHS ans similar materials and websites for supporting information).
They are then empowered to accept some responcibility for ensuring their recovery via a route which accomodates:
• where they are on their illness life cycle
• previous life style choices
• their financial resources and
• their long-term goals.
Using less conventional medicine and supporting the body with alternative therapies is a key aim of the consultation, e.g.
• removing trigger foods and re-establishing healthy gut flora can reduce IBS symptoms and the need for medication.
• Substituting organic personal health care products and eco-balls for soap powder can reduce eczema symptoms and the need for steroid creams
• Polarity Therapy, manipulation, specially designed exercises or choosing ergonomic office furniture can reduce the frequency and duration of back pain.
• using homeopathic remedies or a wrist band can reduce sickness during chemotherapy
Although designed to support people living locally, within commuting distance of the clinic, Catherine can select B&B accommodation to meet the clients specific health needs for those prepared to travel to the area for a consultation. Alternatively, a telephone-only service is available for people further afield or too ill to travel.
All services are provided at a flat hourly rate, with each consultation running for a minimum of 1 hour and charged pro rata, thereafter.
Charges start at £40 per hour on the first visit and, in line with Catherine’s policy to keep consultations and clients costs to a minimum, reduce by 10% each visit to a minimum of £25 per hour if 5 or more consultations are needed.
Reduced rates are available for those experiencing hardship, when an illness is accompanied by a sudden drop in income, and for those in receipt of benefits.